Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Seven quick takes

1. Good morning, and happy Friday to you! I haven't done a seven takes since hmmm, FL?! So today will be my first!

2. Of course with it being Friday, we will not be having meat today. This won't be as challenging for me this year, because Jay eats dinner at work on Friday nights. The kids are pretty easy, cheese pizza, scrambled eggs, etc. And I look forward to trying out some of the bean recipes that have been shared on the Operation Rice Bowl website. I think it's a good idea to share how the people from the countries they help actually eat. Even though my children (except Lucy) probably won't be eating these recipes; I plan to show them the meals and try to find a little info on how children live in that particular country. 

3. Essential oils, ever used them? I was once given a sample of the Peppermint for headaches. I was very skeptical, but decided to try it, and I surprisingly liked it! At the time there was no way I could afford to purchase any oils, but I remember thinking this would be a good "one day" purchase. I need to do some more research on oils and how to use them in general. Jay suffers from allergies, and I suffer from frequent headaches. A natural way to help alleviate or reduce these issues is very appealing. If anyone has experience or would like to share if oils have helped them, please do! 

4. I learned while listening to Ave Maria radio that there is a difference between "kindness" and "being nice." Kindness is a virtue, but niceness is not. Isn't that interesting?? It actually makes a ton of sense once you think about it, but it's something I never would have thought of. I'm trying to incorporate the word "kind" with the children more rather than "nice."

5. For any of you who wanted to see the pro-life movie "Gimme Shelter," it is now on Netflix! I never got a chance to see it in the theater, so I was so excited to see it on up on instant play! Jay and I watched the first half last night, and so far we both have enjoyed it. 

6. Two staples in my home that we can't live without lately, peanut butter and bananas! Lucy and Jason are very into PB&J sandwiches, and I use one to two bananas every day for my shakes. Random info, but still, we went through a whole jar of peanut butter in a week. And two whole bunches of bananas were also bought and now gone. 

7. Last take will be a picture of my dish washing happy place. 

 Sorry, I couldn't get a brighter photo because of the window. 

   Have a blessed weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs