Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe

 I have always loved tuna pasta salad, and I make it all the time. I've  tweeked the recipe through the years(usually according to ingredients I have on hand) and yesterday I think I nailed it. Keep in mind I'm on a clean eating diet, and I also am only allowed whole wheat pasta. So with out further ado, here's my recipe.

Ingredients:
1. 1/4 cup chopped onion
2. 1/4 cup chopped celery
3. 1/4 cup frosted peas thawed
4. 1/2 box whole wheat pasta
5. 2 boiled eggs
6. 2 tbls of miracle whip
7. Salt and a generous amount of pepper
8. 1-2 cans drained tuna(depending how much you like) I did one can. 
9. 1/2 a lemon squeezed
10. Parmesan cheese to top

 You pretty much do all your chopping and measuring and add to a big bowl. Boil your eggs and let them cool. Also boil your pasta (I used rotini) and rinse so it cools. Drain your tuna, and mix everything minus the parmesean cheese. Serve topped with Parmesean and you're done! It's delicious, healthy and lite! I know miracle whip doesn't follow the rules of clean eating, but just a dab I figure does more good than bad, lol. Hope you like this! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Made this for tonight. Tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! Glad to hear it:) is this Jenny??

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs