Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Kitchen discoveries worth sharing!

 I've been getting pretty creative in the kitchen these days. And I've made some new discoveries that are worth sharing! 
 First on the list is an item I found while shopping at Trader Joes this past week. It's called "Red Thai Curry Sauce."

 I've had a very limited experience with curry, having only been introduced to it in my adult years. But I once had a red coconut curry dish at a restaurant in Naples, and it was delicious to say the least. So with that dish in mind I purchased this sauce along with a can of coconut milk/cream. That night I sautéed red pepper, onions and shrimp and added some of the sauce, then added in about 1/3 of the can of coconut milk...It came out amazing! It nailed that flavor from the Thai restaurant in Naples! I was so pleased with the result, and definitely will be using the sauce with other  dishes. 
   Second discovery of the week is actually a break through for anyone who enjoys ranch dressing, but can't afford the calories. I am one of those unfortunate people who fall into the ranch -less life category. 
   Anyways, I came upon this recipe earlier this week for a healthy spin on ranch dressing using plain lowfat Greek yogurt. At first I was hesitant to try it at all, the idea of yogurt used as dressing...yuck. But after it was recommended by a cook I trust I decided to give it a try, and I'm so glad I did! I'll share the recipe below. 

Greek yogurt Ranch:
1/4 cup Greek plain lowfat yogurt
1 tsp dried dill ( I actually used a little less)
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder 
Pepper to taste
 It's a very simple assembly, you merely mix all above ingredients together and you're done! No chopping involved, which I love!  That's all I have for now, my two year old is beckoning me to go read her a book, until next time!




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs