Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

7 quick takes

1. Before I had children getting myself out of bed in the morning was one of the worst moments of my day. I am not a morning person, not at all. But now that I've had kids, I've discovered there is something worse than forcing my tired body up. Getting a tired kid out of bed in the morning to do something they don't want to do (like getting ready for school) I find is ten times worse than that forcing of oneself. 
  In case you're wondering my kids do go to bed at a decent hour. I start the bed time routine promptly at 7:30, and by 8:00 it's lights out. I guess the eldest, in particular, takes after her mother. 

2. Two days ago I scored a Britax car seat for only 25.00! There's a little consignment shop a couple blocks from my house, and occasionally they have strollers and car seats out front of the shop. This is the same shop I bought Lucy's Britax from back in January. As soon as I saw it I immediately begged Jay to turn around so I could snatch it up. Jay obliged, and so into the shop I sprinted. As I walked through the shop door,I became immediately aware of the owner having a heated conversation on his cell phone. The whole argument he was having was all in Italian, and with a woman named "Lena." 
  I thought that once he saw me he would end the call, but no....it continued. And his voice kept getting louder and louder. After I realized I would not be buying that car seat until he had made his peace with "Lena," I decided to browse. Only problem was the shop is very small, only one room. If it was anything other than a Britax car seat I would have just left; but Jason was really in need of a new seat. What seemed like an eternity later, really, it was embarrassingly awkward, he finally got off the phone and sold me the car seat. Moral of the story, next time I'm sending Jay in! 

3. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today, below are pictures of what I made. 
Oatmeal chocolate chip 
Kids actually did most the making of this one;)

Red beans and rice with guacamole and tomatoes. 
  The kids absolutely love to make homemade pizzas. So after I made the cookies I pulled out the recipe for my favorite dough to make pizza. 

Bella was playing with make-up today...

Boys will be boys!
But he has his calm moments too!
 Lucy's pizza was running a little skimpy on the cheese area, I wonder why?!

4. I'm in my third week of my exercise challenge. And I'm still loving it! So hooray for that, because I'm not usually one to stick to an exercise routine. 
 
5. Today is one of my best and oldest( in time we've been friends, not age) friends birthdays! Happy Birthday Lauren! We've been friends for 13 years!! Can you believe how old we both are getting?! Love you! 

6. Summer can't come quick enough. That thought is all for six because that's how much I look forward to the warm weather.

7. My mom is coming to visit in two weeks!!! I am so, so excited! This will be her first time making it up to Massachusetts to see us, and I intend to make the most of it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs