Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

19 months and counting!

My little Lucy turns nineteen months tomorrow, I can't tell you how hard that is for me to comprehend. Having two older children to compare milestones with Lucy with has been very interesting. Bella was a late talker, normal timed walker, and very headstrong. Jason Jr. did everything earlier than his sisters, he weaned at ten months, walked at ten months, and talked by 18 months. And I mean talked in sentences. Lucy was a late walker, that kid didn't begin to truly walk until she was 14 months old. Her speech as of now at the nineteen month mark is still quite limited to baby gibberish. She says a few things clearly, and has attempted to put two words together here and there, but overall not a whole lot of talking. However, her reception is phenomenal. She can understand everything we say to her, and she will do "almost" anything we ask of her.

   There are still many times that I still find myself intensely trying to cook a dinner or throw together a batch of cookies and I still have Lucy tugging on my leg or whimpering to be held. I don't think I've experienced this type of clingy behavior at this age in the past with my other children, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't trying to my patience. I'm hoping that as she gets older she grows to be more and more independent, and less and less the hip child that we carry all the time now.  And I know, babies grow up fast, and soon Lucy will leave this stage and be on to a new adventure.

   This has been a random spur of the moment post, but lately that's about all I'm able to write. I admire my other blogging friends who are much busier than myself and still find the time to write interesting blogs that make sense! I hope to learn their secrets one day.



 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs