Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What's been going on

 Where do I begin? Well, let's see, what do I have to cover? There's Bella's birthday, bar prep, me starting weight watchers, more bar prep, getting sick with a stomach bug, and still more bar prep. That really sums it up! Bella's birthday was a funfilled family day which we celebrated at home. The theme was supposed to be all Frozen, but in the end it became partly Frozen, and partly plain old princess.  I made the cake with my very own reluctant to baking hands. And I was surprisingly pleased with the outcome, as was the birthday girl. 

   I joined weightwatchers, again. I had joined before in Steubenville and had some success with it there. So, I decided to give it another go round while I'm here. And yes, I do go to the meetings, and no, I don't necessarily learn much. It's more about accountability than anything. While I won't lie and say I love weightwatchers, I feel a sence of order while being on it. The whole system has changed a ton since I was in steubenville, and now every food item with a barcode can be scanned through the weightwatchers app! And it gives you exactly how many points a serving is! I'm telling you, foolproof. Also new with weightwatchers, Jessica Simpson is the spokes person for the new system. I'm not really sure how I feel about Jessica Simpson, but she did lose a ton of baby weight, so that's relatable/encouraging.

  I survived the first stomach bug I've had since....probably before my pregnancy with Lucy? I'm sad to report they are just as awful as I remembered them. And not trying to be dramatic, but, after having a c-section the heaving during vomiting....is ten times worse. I seriously thought I had ruptured my scar or something. And since my last meal was steak before I got sick....I'm having a sort of strange meat aversion. I find myself wondering if I should go vegatarian for a while? I've actually always wanted to try being vegatarian, not for any big reasons, except maybe to get healthier through the meat cleanse?  I'm sure I wouldn't do it permanently, just a couple of months, and I would NOT be vegan. 

  We are all still in study mode, Daddy is studying most everyday except Sunday or any day that mommy loses it. On one particularly overwhelming day I developed a craving for Dairy Queen that just could not be ignored. I had the weight watcher points to spare, so I looked up the closest DQ and we took the drive. In my mind somehow DQ was going to make all the stress just melt away...and it did, until the blizzard ran out. I did not, and do not regret that trip to DQ. Sometimes it's the little things that get us through the big things.

  I'm going to wrap it up for now, all three minions are fast aleep( fingers crossed) and I am tuning in to watch a new show I'm into in exactly seven minutes. So goodbye for now! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs