Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Done

 This post is going to be a rant, so if you don't like rants...don't read. I'm just going to start by saying I'm done. Done. Done. Done. By done I mean with all things law school related, study related, test related.No, I am not the one studying, and no, I'm not the one taking the bar. But my life revolves around and depends on both of those things so much, that there isn't a lot of difference right now. 

Second rant, if you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything at all. Meaning yes, I wasn't born yesterday, I know lawyers work a million hours a week. And yes, I realize they don't pass the bar and become automatic partners of a firm. But why kick a dog when they're down? Why whisper these unpleasant realities in my ear when I'm already discouraged with the present struggles? It doesn't help. I'm not able to hear that my life is never going to be normal in the foreseeable future to feel better about today. If I seem stressed, please don't remind me that "I'm not the one taking the bar." Because believe me, I know that. 
 
 Jay is stressed, tired, overwhelmed and done. And I do feel sorry for him. And I wish I could look at his  full plate and feel better about mine....but here's the thing, since getting married, don't spouses share the same "plate" per say? Meaning, if one of us is stressed, were both bound to be stressed. 

  So to conclude, no, I didn't go to law school, and no, I'm not taking the bar. But YES, I am stressed, tired and DONE with law school and caring about all that comes with it. If anyone reads this, which is doubtful since I don't really put on FB anymore, please pity my overwhelmed self, and say a prayer for Jay to pass the bar. And say a longer prayer for his wife.

1 comment:

  1. Just seeing this now, but I wanted to say: I got you, girl! I totally understand! Praying for you guys as you wait to find out the results of the bar.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs