Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Chewy the dog and Fiesta Bowls

  We had a very busy week, my mom came to visit and help me go through my garage, and Jay had a big test yesterday. My mom is very efficient in accomplishing a lot in a short amount of time, we were able to get the whole garage done, and stuff was hauled of to the dump or Goodwill before she left. I enjoy the relaxation of letting someone with more experience take the reins once in a while, and my mom has put in her fair share of moves. She's also good at finding the humor in my disorganized, crazy life and house. I feel much closer to being ready for the move with my garage now in order.

  My mom also came to pick up her early birthday present from our family, which was a little doggy I found on craigslist. The puppy was four months old, half Shih tzu and half Maltese. 

Now I'll be the first to admit I knew absolutely nothing about little dogs, and had zero personal experience with them before finding Chewy. But he seemed nice enough when we went to see him, and his cuteness was undeniable. We took care of him for one week before my mom came down to get him. 

 Anyway, my mom came and the kids (my younger siblings) liked him a lot, minus his rambunctiousness. Unfortunately his first meeting with my mothers other dog, Bridget who is a yellow lab, was less than friendly. Chewy went crazy, and acted aggressive and mean towards Bridget. We're hoping he will adjust to his new home, but if not my mom will again have to re-home him. 

  Pets are a big responsibility, and our week with Chewy showed me that I'm not ready to take that on yet. Poor Chewy:(

Now for a new recipe! Entitled: Fiesta Bowls
List of ingrediants:
  3-4 boneless skinless chx breasts
   1 1/2 cups of white or brown rice
    1 avacado
    1 tomato
    3 cloves of garlic
   Colored tortilla strips
     Jalepenos
     Lime
      2 cans Goya black beans cooked in garlic 
       Fiesta SalsaRanch
      Couple tbls of olive oil

 Cut chx up into long strips or cubes and lightly salt and pepper them. Dice up cloves of garlic. Sauté chx and garlic in hot pan with olive. While chx cooking warm up beans and cut up tomato and avacado. Cook rice and put together!


 
I thought this meal was both light and delicious! The assembly was quick and easy, and the kids liked the build it how you like it theme. Even Lucy enjoyed the meal.
Happy Sunday!!



   
 

       





   

1 comment:

  1. Cute dog!! You are so sweet to get that for you mom!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs