Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A long night, turned into a long day

  Sometimes days are so long, and every hour seems to drag on, and on, and on. Today is one of those days, but I'll recap last night to give a clearer explanation as to why. 

 Last night we went on an evening run to publix to pick up a couple of necessities, on the way home both Bella and Jason fell asleep in their seats. Jay ran in the house first to assure all lights were dimmed, after, we ever so quietly transferred both children from the car to their beds. Jay quietly shut the door, and we both breathed a sigh of relief having dodged the horor of bedtime for the night. Lucy, however, did not make the transfer, and was very much rejuvenated from her car ride nap. I wasn't to concerned about her energy, I was confident that she would inevitably pass out within the next hour or so. Oh yes, the time at that point was only 7:45. Well, long story short 11:30 rolled around and I was ready to lose my mind, the kid would not give in, for anything. Just before midnight Lucy finally decided to shut her eyes and fall into a much needed sleep. But before I could even feel the freedom of the silence, guess what happened?? Jay appeared from studying with a wide awake five yearold. Shoot me now...Ten minutes later. Jason Jr. sensed  he was missing out on something and appeared delirious in our doorway.

 Our bed looked like a life raft of passed out refugees, no exaggeration. The three kids had taken over the top of the bed with the pillows, and Jay and I were left sleeping across the foot of the bed. Jay ended up leaving to sleep in the kids bedroom, which freed up a little space. 

Needless to say I awoke feeling like I never got a chance to unwind from the previous day, it's amazing how disorientated that feels. But, these are the woe's of a whiny stay at home mom. I'm a work in progress. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs