Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Fridays post now moved to Wednesday

 Well ladies and gents, it's Friday night; and in the Palladino home it's movie night! Luck was on my side and I managed to find a good movie via Netflix, which is a rare occurrence. The kids are happy with popcorn and the big screen, 42" that is, so I decided to do a little blogging. 

  I'm a Downton fan, which is no surprise to anyone who knows me...And Sunday nights won't be the same for me until the next season starts up. Which won't be for such a long, long time. Is it just me? Or does England take four times as long to get stuff out?? Anyways, I saw an interview with Michelle  Dockery (Lady Mary) and I was highly impressed with how lady like and well mannered, yet at the same time down to earth and funny she was! I'm usually disappointed with celebrity interviews, so it was refreshing to not be scandalized. 

I started this post on Friday...and it's now Tuesday. Soooo, I'm totally off any track I had started out on.
Anyhow, I don't want this post to get left behind among tons of others that never got beyond the draft period.
 
  Today is Fat Tuesday! Yay! Although it's been known to feel like Fat Tuesday every week around our house, we always manage to find reasons to celebrate with a box of Milano cookies! Nevertheless I felt justified to indulge without guilt in my delicious homemade banana chocolate chip muffins...yum. As for what I'm giving up, I've decided to do one give and one add. I'm giving up all eating out, which for us equals Publix subs, takeout pizza, Costco cafe, the occasional McDonalds run and all other convenience eating out. My add will be to strive to say more daily prayers, especially the family rosary, or at least most of the family rosary...We've become slothful in our family prayer lives, and I know the need for prayer as a family is worth reviving. I realize that in the shadow of my far superior disciplined peers my "eating out" sacrifice seems small, but baby steps and keeping it simple are what keeps me sane and committed. 

   This is a joke! I think it's great all you who make the great fb fast, but I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw this. I will also be doing, or trying to do, a Friday series of Dinner& a Baby Called the Lent Experiment. Where you guessed it! I will be experimenting with meatless Lenten recipes, and then rating them and blogging. It's going to be fun! For me anyway, bc I love cooking and food critiquing!

1 comment:

  1. Love that pic, really funny!

    I am glad I am not the only one who writes a post, never finish it and it gets stuck in my drafts for eternity. I am now inspired to run my posts and days together in posting :).

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs