Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Post of mostly pictures!

 Finals were officially over as of last Friday, and I feel like I'm more relieved than Jay is. I can't express in words how nice it is to spend time together as a family and not feel the sense of constant rush. Rush to mass, rush home, time for him to study, rush dinner etc.,etc. Every weekend. Why am I complaining about this?? Well, because until January 2nd, I no longer have to feel rushed by law school studies, and I'm enjoying every moment of it. 

 Friday was also a special day for the youngest member of our clan; little Lucy celebrated her patron Saints feast day. The day came complete with a photo shoot of Lucy wearing the traditional white dress and candle wreath. I also tried my hand at bread baking for the first time, and after two hours of rising dough(no idea it took that long!) I baked up some delicious hot cross buns. 

She wasn't to keen on the idea of wearing a wreath with candles on her head, it was a fight to keep her from pulling it off! But as you see, I still managed a few shots with the wreath.

In other happenings, I had a cookie baking session with five eager little bakers. I made up some homemade sugar cookie dough, and together we rolled them out, and the kids each took turns cutting them out. There was a lot of flour, a lot of sugar, and a lot of fun!

This is going to have to be one of those posts that are mainly just pictures. Sick baby equals no hands free, poor little Lucy has not been feeling her best today. Until next time, have a blessed rest of your Advent!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you improvised with the water bottle as a rolling pin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You noticed! Yes, I had to get creative, and it worked really well!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs