Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas shopping online, why haven't I done this sooner?!

With Christmas only one week away I've upped my shopping in an attempt to actually finish in time. This is the first year I've ever done most all of my shopping completely online...I think shopping will never be the same. It's been so wonderful to browse for what I'm looking for right from the comfort of my own home. I'm not that into shopping in the first place, add kids and a tight budget and it becomes a form of strange and unusual punishment.  Yes, amazon and etsy have been my top two Christmas hotspots during this season of gift giving. And I must say, I'm quite satisfied with each gift decision thus far, except...Jay. I've racked my brain trying to figure out what to get him, and nothing seems to fit the bill as well as the budget. I'll have to continue my search after the kids go to bed tonight, and if all else fails I may have to actually go to a physical store. 

 Below are a few pictures that show my thoughts on shopping during the holidays:

      In order to get these:

      I have no choice but to pursue these:
  Which sometimes leads to crazy shopping with shoppers like these:

  Now I'd like to imagine that I appear on the outside to be a cool calm savvy shopper, someone kind of like this woman below.

  Sadly, I don't ever recall looking half that enthusiastic while Christmas shopping. The next pic below is a more honest illustration of how I feel/look after the holiday shopping rush.

I am optimistic that at some point I will once again start to enjoy shopping, just realistically I can't see that time coming for quite awhile. 

  Anyways, I have enough time to figure it out, I always do somehow. But I am open to suggestions...anybody buy the perfect gift for their husband and care to share??! I realize men have different interest and taste, but I'm really stumped here. 

 Another project I have to start is cookie and fudge baking. Even though we only have three kids, I still want to have a nice spread of homemade cookies and sweet treats! I need cookies and sweets like I need a hole in my head, but I want the kids to have the memories as well as the sense of tradition. It's very important, so I'll just have to start dieting as my New Years resolution.

2 comments:

  1. www.thinkgeek.com. Seriously, it has some of the best gifts ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like checking out groupon or livingsocial for deals, whether for services or events. Depending on what he likes you can find things like beer tasting, car detailing, cigar bars, sporting events, paintball, zipline, massages, and all for a pretty good price.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs