Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Dinner & a Baby take 3

 Over a week ago, probably on a Sunday, I made Chicken Parmesan with artichokes for dinner. I took pictures and meant to blog about it, buuuut,I forgot. So I will now post about my recipe, however I can't recall much about the baby part...I cook so often with Lucy that my memories get all clumped together. 

 Any time you're making a dish like chicken parm, it's not going to be your most budget friendly meal; unless of course you have the necessary ingrediants on hand from other recipes. Around here, Sunday is the night that I try to cook something a little more special than regular nights, usually something with an Italian feel. I also enjoy lighting candles for dinner along with playing Italian music or Frank Sinatra from pandora, gives it a restaurant ambiance. 


List of ingredients:
1 lb shredded mozzarella
2 jars of marinara sauce(or home-made)
1 9oz jar of marinated artichokes drained
1 lb of spaghetti
Cup 1/2 of breadcrumbs
1/2 cup to 1 cup flour
2 eggs
Olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1/3 onion chopped
4 to five chicken breast butterfyed, then cut in two's

 First begin by splitting your chicken breast and chopping your garlic and onion. Next take out three shallow bowls to use one for the breadcrumbs, flour and two eggs. (Stir eggs)
 In your pan, add about three tbls. of olive oil and put on medium. One chicken filet at a time, coat flour, egg last breadcrumbs. Brown the chicken in the pan with onions and garlic. Make sure not to let the pan get to hot or garlic and breadcrumbs will burn quickly. You can add more olive oil as needed. Preheat oven to 350. After all the chicken is nicely browned, place it in a greased 9/13 baking dish. Open and drain artichokes, then spread them all over the chicken. Pour both jars of sauce all over chicken and artichokes. Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Last ten minutes you can sprinkle cheese all over the top. Boil your pasta, and voila! Your done.


 This meal is one of my husband's all time favorite dinners, the kids as well.( minus artichokes) I definitely save it for Sundays and special occasions, because not only is the prep time-consuming the cleanup is as well. But if you get the craving for chicken parm, you won't regret this easy recipe.

3 comments:

  1. mmmm....I will tweak this to make it gluten free.

    This week I noticed on facebook that you started blogging. I meant to read about a 1000 times, but with Matt gone for the week blogging and reading went on the back burner. BUT, I have to tell you that I am so excited that you started a blog!!!! I shall be reading through all your posts tonight. MIss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog! And I've been having fun trying my hand at blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try this out sometime! It makes a lot and doesn't seem to complicated.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs