Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dinner & a Baby

Tonight I want to launch my very first "Dinner & a Baby" occasional post. I remember years ago there was some tv network that on Friday or Saturday nights (can't remember which) they would have "Dinner and a Movie" night. If you used to watch it then you probably remember the general concept.But If you were one of those cool kids who had better things to do on the weekend I'll catch you up. All it was,was a show that was hosted by two fun loving adults, guy and a girl of course, who would cook up a dinner during commercials while the network showed a movie. The theme song to the show was a catchy little song, not sure the official name but I have just remembered it by the only three words I can remember that were in it, "Beans and cornbread." I happen to love an occasional beans and cornbread dinner and somehow I know its weird I've never forgotten that catchy jingle.That's how I was able to remember that silly song all these years later... Moving along...that old "Dinner and a Movie" theme is the inspiration for my idea "Dinner & a Baby." My version will actually be nothing like "Dinner and a Movie." Instead I will be posting about a dinner recipe that I cooked while either holding a baby, or at least having my baby near by. Hence "dinner & a baby" how I cook almost every night:)
   
Tonight's dinner was a delicious recipe shared with me by my good friend and fellow blogger Emily co author of Easy Rules by Ems and Jules.  The recipe is called Beef Stroganoff with Crecsents and it is just as tasty as it sounds.

 List of ingredients: 1 lb. of lean ground beef
                                  1 can of crescent rolls
                                  1 8 oz container of sour cream
                                   1/2 teaspoon of paprika
                                   Salt and pepper to taste
                                  1/2 of a chopped onion
                                  1 small can of sliced mushrooms
                                   1/2 to 1 cup grated cheddar cheese


     
 I actually didn't have all the required ingredients, but it worked out ok because my kids would have probably complained about the mushrooms and onions anyway. The assembly of the recipe is quite easy. You begin by preheating the oven to 375* and pull out a 9 by13 baking dish. Next, brown the ground beef with the onion and drain the grease. Stir in the sour cream and seasoning; open crescents and spread them making a thin crust in your 9/13. Spread the meat mixture over the crescents and top with cheese. Pop in the oven for 25 minutes, and your done! 

   Lucy was not the best in the kitchen today...on a grading scale I'll give her a C-. She started of looking like this:
     
   And a short 5 minutes later she looked more like this:
Daddy couldn't take the screaming, and so he relieved her of the torture of not being held. But in the end it was all good because this was the outcome.
Followed by this,
Rice crispy treats! Yay!! 
It took me forever to finish this post because Lucy is still up! So I'll close with saying you have to try this recipe, it's affordable, easy and best of all delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs