Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

All over the place post...

Opposites have a way of attracting, we all know this. My husband and I are opposites in many ways, especially when it comes to how we act socially. I am one who likes to "visit," and my husband is one who likes to "entertain." And by entertain I mean literally, like make people laugh etc. However in one very important area which would be nice if one of us were opposites we happen to be the same. We are both by nature not "neat" people. We both love a clean orderly home, however we both seem to let order be put on the back burner. I acknowledge the fact that I am the main reason our house is in constant chaos. I am the wife-mother-home-maker. Only home making does not come easy to us all, or at least I hope I'm not the only one. The cooking part of home-making I actually love! I have spent countless hours experimenting new recipes and figuring out what works for the combination of appetites in our home. Yet no matter how much I resolve to change my disorganized ways, I still fall short.

  While recovering from my c-section the home really got hmm, how can I say "out of control."Jay did work over time especially in the beginning trying to at least keep the order that we usually have. However with a four year old and a two year old toys are always everywhere, and laundry seems to be an ever growing problem.

The newborn stage passes so quickly, so I try to hold Lucy as much as needed...and then some. Therefore leaving clothes unfolded, dishes undone, and on, and on, and on. But the way I look at it is, the house will always need to be cleaned and organized day in and day out. But Lucy's newborn stage is flying by with every busy passing day. So instead of having the perfect home, for now at least I'm going to focus on cleaning at a slow speed, very slow. And with the majority of my time I want to strive on making our home a "bright and cheerful" home. Which allows me to hold a screaming baby, read many stories to my children, and just enjoy the stages they are in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs